Today is exam season and for many students, this is the time when stress and pressure are really starting to build up. It is important for students to keep a perspective. If students are still facing pressures then this means that their knowledge is still weak. It is important to understand that in any subject you need to study. The old axiom of “study smarter and not harder” definitely holds true.
A lot of experts say that stressful studying can lead to poor performance. In order to reduce the stress students should avoid studying when they are under the imminent threat of failing. Late at night or after long hours of study are the perfect times to study. Avoid studying at all costs if you have to. However, it is important to understand that it’s not worth the time and the energy when you could spend it with someone else.
What students should do is pay attention in class and know the material. The easiest way to reduce stress is to pay attention in class. Teach your teacher or a friend the material. The brain can only take so much abuse before it starts to take it out on you.
The easiest way to reduce stress is to pay attention in class. Know the material. Don’t just retell the students what the teacher (or yourself) thought of it. Ask questions. Gather information. re-read the same material until you fully understand it.
10 ways to relax during exam week.
- Study early and often.
- Make sure you have some time where you are free from any interruptions from friends, family, or even your breathing.
- Sit next to a window. Yes, in a place where there is a window. Study during the day because at night it’s easier to get distracted. Yes, don’t study because you think it will help you remember the material. Study because you want to learn the material.
- Play some sort of relaxing music that has no lyrics.
- Write down important facts.
- Go to the library and take out a book that has a lot of information on it. Examine the book by taking out the facts that you need to learn.
- After you have finished your study time, try to relax.
- Get a good breakfast.
9 Food with reduced sugar.
- Bathe yourself.
- eat breakfast.
- go to bed at a decent time. At night try to go to bed at a reasonable hour. And don’t wake up too early.
- Exercise daily.
- ate a balanced breakfast.
- Did not watch TV. Since TV is a concentrated medium, it can be used as a tool to help you study, rather than as just a way to relax. Examine what you have seen on TV. Make notes of any equations, facts, definitions, and any important notes that you might want to memorize and write down next time you have the chance. Showing interest in your studies can be infectious. It is better to get the formulas than to remember them.
- Try to improve your study posture.
- Breathe deeply to help release pressure in your body.
- After a long or eager study session, try to stretch your body and head.
- Have a motivational speech on success, called the State of the Union. Talks should be brief. Between five and ten minutes should be devoted to the speech. This allows you to catch up with the last minute details of all the topics to be discussed.
- Have a group discussion about the project you are involved with. As students listen, point out what is being done and why it is important to the success of the school.
- Design a written timeline to show the progression of events. Recording the event is easier for students to follow than reading it orally.
- Have a group test to measure progression.
- Relate the class curriculum and the coursework of the subject to the subject. proving mastery of the materials
- allow students to teach each other (mirroring).
- Put a bulletin board in every classroom with a single topic. Go over class history and relate it to the subject.
- Create a Who’s Who of your school. With each student’s name and a link to the student’s lesson, link the two.
- Create a “Charts and Trees” of students showing attendance, grades, etc.
- You can mirror all classroom activities in a session. For example, students can do a classroom project each period in a classroom.